We are really happy to have opened our gates and are thrilled with the response to the steps we've put in place to ensure your saftey on our holiday park. To make things even better we can now confirm our food vendors for the season. Come and see what we've got in store for 2020.
Terms & Conditions
Karrageen Booking Conditions (Touring)
1. Advance bookings are accepted on receipt of:
- £75 per week/part week deposit, or full balance (whichever is less)
- All 1, 2 or 3 night bookings must be paid in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable
- All bookings over the August Bank Holiday period must be paid for in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable
- During the period 28 May - 31May and 23 July - 1st September 2021 the minimum booking accepted is 3 nights
All deposits are non refundable nor transferable, and the full remaining balance is due on arrival. For clarification, deposits cannot be transferred to friends or family members nor are transferable to an alternative date within the current nor future season.
Please note that we do not accept credit cards or debit cards. We do, however, accept BACS payments (internet banking). Please email Phil@karrageen.co.uk for bank details.
For a deposit or balance payment, cheques will only be accepted if received 21 days prior to your arrival.
2. Cancellations/no shows
For all 1, 2 or 3 night bookings full payments made at the time of booking are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For bookings of 4 or more nights, you will be liable for the full and outstanding balance in accordance with your original booking (as your booking, including any detailed requirements stipulated by you would have have been reserved), unless:
We receive written notice of cancellation/curtailment 21 days prior to your booked arrival date (email will suffice)
We can re-let your booked pitch for the entire duration
If your booked pitch is not re-let for the full duration, you will be invoiced for the difference plus an administration charge
* Please consider holiday insurance
3. Alterations/ amendments to your original booking
If you alter your dates, (subject to availability and a £15 administration charge) please confirm in writing (email) - 21 days notice required.
4. Pitches are to be vacated by 11.30 am
- Late departures by arrangement and liable to half rate charge
- Departures after 16:00 liable to full rate charge
- During high season, pitches will be held until 17:00 on your arrival date, unless you have emailed or telephoned/ spoken to a member of the management team
- Please advise of late arrival otherwise your pitch may be let
- If arriving between 13.00 - 14.00 please be patient as this is typically our busiest time for arrivals
5. You must be over the age of 20 to make a booking with us.
6. A child is classified as a person below 18 years of age.
7. A pup tent is classified as a small 2 child tent within one family unit. Larger tents are charged at full rate.
8. All electric hook ups booked during high season dates will be charged for, even if not used.
9. Only low wattage camping equipment can be used, e.g. 800 watt kettles; domestic kettles and heaters are not permitted.
10. During your stay, please inform reception in advance of any day visitors.
11. Motor bikes are only allowed with prior consent from a member of the management team.
12. We regret but no large groups or multiples of couples allowed on site during high season. Other times by prior agreement only.
13. We allow fire pits but they must be supervised at all times, remain under control, not burn the grass and there must be prioir knowledge of the nearest fire point.
14. Families and couples only during high season.
No liability whatsoever shall be attached to the management in the event of :
- Death, injury howsoever caused, illness, inconvenience or any other misadventure
- Loss of or any damage to or theft of property including motor vehicles and boats.
Karrageen Booking Conditions (Static Holiday Home Rental)
- A completed booking form and non-refundable deposit of £100 per week booked must be received within 7 days of the telephone reservation. The remaining balance is due 8 weeks prior to arrival – if not received we reserve the right to re-let. Where this does not happen you are responsible for the full cost of the week(s) booked.
- Cancellation will only be accepted by registered post. You are reminded that at 8 weeks prior to arrival you are responsible for the full balance due regardless of your reason for cancellation. We will make every effort to re-let on your behalf but strongly recommend that you purchase holiday insurance.
- Details of all persons occupying the unit must be given on the booking form and no alterations are allowed without written notification.
- Accommodation is available from 4.00pm on the day of arrival. Please arrive before 8.00pm. The unit must be vacated by 10.30 on the day of departure. Accommodation should be left in the same clean and tidy condition that it is found on arrival. All breakages must be notified and paid for before departure.
- A cleaning/security deposit of £50 is required on arrival. This will be refunded, where applicable, (see condition below) within 14 days of the end of your stay.
- Accommodation should be left in the same clean and tidy condition that is found on arrival. Cleaning equipment is provided in each caravan. All breakages must be notified.
- During your stay please inform reception in advance of any day visitors.
- Strictly no smoking or pets allowed in the caravan.
- The management reserve the right to enter the caravan at any time during your stay should there be any cause for concern.
- Deposits not transferable to touring caravan and camping or third parties.
No liability whatsoever shall be attached to the management in the event of:
- Death, injury howsoever caused, illness, inconvenience or any other misadventure.
- Loss of or damage to or theft of property including motor vehicles and boats.
In order to maintain everyone's enjoyment and pleasure, we would ask you to observe the following:
1. Dogs are welcome but in the interests of hygiene and children's safety they must be :
- kept on a lead at all times and exercised off site
- well-behaved, quiet and child friendly
- not taken into the toilet block
2. After 22.00 please consider your fellow campers and keep the noise to a minimum. There is no tolerance given to offenders in this matter. The campsite is monitored in the evenings.
3. All drivers please note: do not exceed the site speed limit of 5 mph which is equivalent to walking pace. This includes cyclists.
4. Barbecues are allowed but please observe the following conditions :
- Be aware of the nearest fire point
- Disposable barbeques: please use slabs provided (by the fire points) & return after use
- Do not burn the grass. A charge of £5.00 will be made for all such offences.