Terms & Conditions
Karrageen Booking Conditions (Touring)
1. Advance bookings:
- Advanced bookings are accepted on receipt of £100 per week/part week deposit, or full balance (whichever is less)
- All 1, 2, 3 or 4 night bookings must be paid in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable
- All bookings over the August Bank Holiday period must be paid for in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable
- During the period 25 May - 4 June and 22 July - 28 August 2023 the minimum booking accepted is 3 nights
- All deposits are non refundable nor transferable. For clarification, deposits cannot be transferred to friends or family members nor are transferable to an alternative date within the current nor future season.
- The full remaining balance is due on your booked arrival date (i.e. if you delay your arrival date, the full balance is still due on the original sceduled arrival date).
Please note that we do not accept credit cards or debit cards. We do, however, accept BACS payments (internet banking). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for bank details.
For a deposit or balance payment, cheques will only be accepted if received 21 days prior to your arrival.
2. Cancellations/no shows
For all 1, 2, 3 or 4 night bookings full payments made at the time of booking are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For bookings of 5 or more nights, you will be liable for the full and outstanding balance in accordance with your original booking (as your booking, including any detailed requirements stipulated by you, would have have been reserved), unless:
- We receive written notice of cancellation/curtailment 21 days prior to your booked arrival date (email will suffice)
- We can re-let your booked pitch for the entire duration
- NB: If your booked pitch is not re-let for the full duration, you will be invoiced for the difference plus an administration charge
Please consider holiday insurance.
3. Alterations/ amendments to your original booking
If you alter your dates, (subject to availability and a £20 administration charge) please confirm in writing (email) - 21 days notice required.
4. Pitches are to be vacated by 11.30 am
- Late departures by arrangement and liable to half rate charge up to 16:00.
- Departures after 16:00 liable to full rate charge (half rate charge up to 16.00 with prior agreement)
- During high season, pitches will be held until 17:00 on your arrival date, unless you have emailed or telephoned/ spoken to a member of the management team
- Please advise of late arrival otherwise your pitch may be let
- During our low and mid season, 19:00 is the latest time allowed for pitching. During our high season, 21:00 is the latest time allowed for pitching. Strictly no pitching after 21:00.
5. You must be over the age of 20 to make a booking with us.
6. A child is classified as a person under 17 years of age. Those 17 and over are classified as adults.
7. A pup tent is classified as a small 2 child tent within one family unit. Larger tents are charged at full rate.
8. All electric hook ups booked during high season dates will be charged for, even if not used.
9. Only low wattage camping equipment can be used, e.g. 800 watt kettles; domestic kettles and heaters are not permitted.
10. Charging of electric vehicles from hook-up points is not permitted. Any one found to have ignored this will be charged an extra £30 per vehicle for each day of your stay (as an addition to the electrical hook-up charge).
11. During your stay, please inform reception in advance of any day visitors.
12. Motor bikes are only allowed with prior consent from a member of the management team.
13. We regret but no large groups or multiples of couples allowed on site during high season. Other times by prior agreement only.
14. We allow the use of fire pits and small barbeques but they must be supervised at all times, remain under control, not burn the grass (should be taised by a minimumof 30cm above the grass) and there must be prioir knowledge of the nearest fire point. please note that there will be a charge of £15 for any grass burnt on your pitch. All ash must be put in the bins provided once cool and not disposed of anywhere on the site.
15. All general waste and rubbish bags should be taken to the refuse disposal area, at the entrance of the main camping field. Do not leave any rubbish on your pitch. Do not place any items other than general household waste in the bins. Items such as tents, chairs, BBQ packaging, duvets, pillows, body boards, wind breaks, air beads, bench sets etc. can be disposed of at the local recycling centre at Torr Quarry. Please ask reception for more information. Anyone found ot be disposing of non-general household waste on the site will be charged a fee of £30.
16. We do not allow supermarket deliveries on site. Please order takeaways to be collected at the enterance of the camping field- delivery drivers must not enter the camping park.
No liability whatsoever shall be attached to the management in the event of :
- Death, injury howsoever caused, illness, inconvenience or any other misadventure
- Loss of or any damage to or theft of property including motor vehicles and boats.
Karrageen Booking Conditions (Static Holiday Home Rental)
- A completed booking form and non-refundable deposit of £150 per week booked must be received within 7 days of the telephone reservation. The remaining balance is due 8 weeks prior to arrival – if not received we reserve the right to re-let. Where this does not happen you are responsible for the full cost of the week(s) booked.
- Cancellation will only be accepted by registered post. You are reminded that at 8 weeks prior to arrival you are responsible for the full balance due regardless of your reason for cancellation. We will make every effort to re-let on your behalf but strongly recommend that you purchase holiday insurance.
- Details of all persons occupying the unit must be given on the booking form and no alterations are allowed without written notification.
- Accommodation is available from 4.00pm on the day of arrival. Please arrive before 8.00pm. The unit must be vacated by 10.30 on the day of departure. Accommodation should be left in the same clean and tidy condition that it is found on arrival. All breakages must be notified and paid for before departure.
- Accommodation should be left in the same clean and tidy condition that is found on arrival. Cleaning equipment is provided in each caravan. All breakages must be notified.
- During your stay please inform reception in advance of any day visitors.
- Strictly no smoking or pets allowed in the caravan.
- The management reserve the right to enter the caravan at any time during your stay should there be any cause for concern.
- Deposits not transferable to touring caravan and camping or third parties.
- Charging of electric vehicles from static caravan rentals is not permitted. Any one found to have ignored this will be charged an extra £30 per vehicle for each day of your stay.
- All general waste and rubbish bags should be taken to the refuse disposal area, at the entrance of the main camping field. Do not leave any rubbish on your pitch. Do not place any items other than general household wste in the bins. Items suchs as tents, chairs, BBQ packaging, duvets, pillows, bodyboards, wind breaks, air beads, bench sets etc. can be disposed of at the local recycling centre at Torr Quarry. Please ask reception for more information. Anyone found to be disposing of non-general household waste on the site will be charged a gee of £30.
No liability whatsoever shall be attached to the management in the event of:
- Death, injury howsoever caused, illness, inconvenience or any other misadventure.
- Loss of or damage to or theft of property including motor vehicles and boats.
In order to maintain everyone's enjoyment and pleasure, we would ask you to observe the following:
1. Dogs are welcome but in the interests of hygiene and children's safety they must be :
- kept on a lead at all times and exercised off site
- well-behaved, quiet and child friendly
- not taken into the toilet block
2. After 22.00 please consider your fellow campers and keep the noise to a minimum. There is no tolerance given to offenders in this matter. The campsite is monitored in the evenings.
3. All drivers please note: do not exceed the site speed limit of 5 mph which is equivalent to walking pace. This includes cyclists.
4. Barbecues are allowed but please observe the following conditions :
- Be aware of the nearest fire point
- Disposable barbeques: please use slabs provided (by the fire points) & return after use
- Do not burn the grass. A charge of £15.00 will be made for all such offences.