We are really happy to have opened our gates and are thrilled with the response to the steps we've put in place to ensure your saftey on our holiday park. To make things even better we can now confirm our food vendors for the season. Come and see what we've got in store for 2020.
COVID 19 Site Opening & Guidleines 2020
COVID 19 Opening Guidelines and Site Rules 2021
Behind the scenes we have been working hard and making subtle changes to ensure that your stay is as comfortable and as safe as possible.
The social distancing and heightened hygiene measures required due to the coronavirus pandemic mean that we will need to put a few more steps in place on our holiday park to give everyone the reassurance they are looking for in these unprecedented times.
We know that so many of you are hoping to come and stay with us again and many for the first time. We cannot wait to see you all, but for this year (2021) we cannot allow you to have visitors to your pitches/ caravans, who are not already staying on the park. Please arrange to meet your friends at a venue/ location outside of the holiday park. We hope that you understand our reasons for this and please be assured that it is for the comfort and protection of all of our guests.
We are asking that if you have your own toilets and showers in your unit, you use them as much as possible to help us manage demand and queuing in our facilities. There will be no extra charge for anyone bringing their own toilet tent and we have chemical disposal facilities for all to use.
Please do not travel to Karrageen if you or any of your party are feeling ill with Coronavirus symptoms.
If you become unwell and display symptoms of coronavirus during your stay with us, please follow the NHS guidance, inform a member of the Karrageen team and return to your residential home as quickly as you are able.
Please, at all times, follow social distancing guidance. Where you have friends also staying with us at Karrageen it is important that government guidelines on social distancing are adhered to at all times.
Please do not forget the importance of hand washing. Whilst we will have supplies of both soap and hand sanitiser on site, we would ask you all to also bring your own supplies to ensure you always have them available for your families.
Our reception and shop will be open for our normal hours.
- Only 1 person from car/ vehicle is allowed into reception to check-in, and we ask you to please wear a face mask.
- Payment is accepted by BACS (preferably before arrival), or by cash.
Our pitches are very generous and allow for a 6 metre spacing.
- Please be considerate to your neighbours by pitching your tent/ van centrally to your pitch. The pitch number is the centre of your pitch. Phil or Tom will always be around to ensure that correct social distancing is maintained.
We have put into place social distancing and extra cleaning measures. Please abide by our rules as they are for the benefit of all. Please also remember that you are sharing our facilities with all of our other guests, and it is more important than ever this year that everyone is respectful and keeps our facilities clean. Anyone found to be abusing the facilities or leaving a mess for others will be asked to leave.
The facility block will be attended hourly from 9am to 11pm, including two deep cleans and fumigation. We have installed sneeze screens between each vanity sink, and we have disposable cleaning equipment, soap and hand sanitiser’s throughout.
Please keep your visit to our facilities as brief as possible, and please do not accompany anyone unless you need to use the facilities yourself or are accompanying a minor (under 9 years of age). It is inevitable that queues will form, and we ask you all for your patience and forbearance.
For this season to comply with stringent health and hygiene regulations we have removed all shower curtains.
To help us maintain social distancing and ensure that we apply strict hygiene control we ask that:
- All children under 9 years of age must be accompanied in the toilet facilities and no children under 12 are allowed in the laundry/wash up room- we ask that adults carry this out.
- Maximum 4 persons allowed in the ladies’ toilets
- Maximum 4 persons allowed in the men’s toilets.
- Please us the abacus system on entry to indicate your presence within the facilities.
- Please queue at 1+ metre intervals outside of the facilities.
- Maximum 6 persons in the laundry/wash up room
- Check in and check out times must be strictly adhered to, allowing time for extra sanitising, fumigating and airing in between guests.
- Bags will be provided before check out and we ask that guests place all linen and bedding protectors in the bags.
- Please leave all windows open on your departure.
Our shop will be fully stocked and the opening hours will be as normal. We will have our freshly baked bread service every morning, but we will only allow 2 people at the shop at any one time, and you must wear a face mask.
Payment is accepted by BACS or cash.
It is very important to us that all of our visitors have a great time at Karrageen, and in this unprecedented time we all know that we have to take more care. Please be responsible for your own safety and that of your family. One of the Karrageen team will always be on hand to help, guide and advise whatever the need may be. Let’s have a great summer and get through this together.
Exceptions to our normal terms and conditions:
A) should we not be allowed to open; or
B) you are prevented from travelling due to the tiering allocated to your home location
- offer to transfer all monies paid to a later date this season or 2022
- Offer to refund in full all monies paid
If you chose to cancel your holiday with us, despite us being open, then our normal terms & conditions will apply; this includes those who need to isolate due to contracting Covid-19 and those who have been contacted by the government's Track and Trace system.
Please do consider taking out holiday insurance.
Phil, Nikki, Lauren & Tom